Press conference regarding the call Proposal for financing of Youth projects for Zaječar County was held on Monday, May 20th 2013 at ZA Media Center in Zaječar.
You are here
Timok Youth Center – TOC is nonpolitical, nonprofit, nongovernmental – civic society organization, set up for indefinite time in order to achieve its mission to actively work on the increase of the development of the civic society in Serbia, with the center of attention to young people.
TOC is founded on October 16th 2004 as an organization which deals with the issues of Youth policies, development and support of Youth initiatives, encouragement and guidance of active Youth participation in their local communities, as well as affirmation of healthy lifestyles among young people. Organization was established as user service for young people, and has become recognizable as leading organization in the field of activities of local and regional Youth coalitions.
TOC is one of the founding and initial member organization of NAPOR - Serbian National Assocoation of Youth Workers. TOC was a resource center organization for the Serbian Ministry of Youth and Sports for Zaječar County as a part of the consultative process for the development of Law on Youth, as well as its promotion. On the behalf of Initial Board for the formation of Serbian National Youth Umbrella Organization (KOMS). TOC was the leading partner for the KOMS project, which resulted in the formation of the association. TOC also has a representative in CCM - a governmental body for monitoring HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis projects, financed by Global Fund.
In order to achieve its goals, TOC implements the following programs:
- Youth Ombudsman – TOC acts like public service for its users (young people), providing free legal, health based and other advices on the topics that are of interest for young people, advocating and lobbying for Youth interests and initiatives – in order to find solutions for diminishment of problems and fulfillment of needs of young people in their local communities, as well as to uphold human rights (primarily Youth rights).
- Youth at risk - Development of institutional framework for care on youth at risk
- Advocacy for resolution of Youth problems and reinstatement of their trust in public offices
- Peer Education Program – young people adopt skills and knowledge on specific topics through peer education, courses, seminars, training and other forms of informal education in order to achieve positive change in behavior and reflections of individuals and groups.
- Prevention and protection children and young people from sexual harassment and exploitation on Internet
- Prevention HIV/ AIDS and sexual transmitted infections among vulnerable groups
TOC provides services of prevention of HIV/AIDS and sexual transmitted infections among the population of sexual workers. TOC provides public services for its users by providing free legal, health and other advices on the topics of interest to them. TOC outreach workers contact sexual workers on the territory of South East Serbia and provide counseling services, distribution of health and informative material and VCCT (Voluntary Confidential Counseling and Testing) and refer them to the Drop In Center.
- Development of local economical growth through creative industries
- Click Green – Development of sustainable ecological concept on Internet and increase of awareness about ecological imprints that are left behind web presentations.
- Usage of Internet and social network as basic marketing tools.
Mission of TOC is to diminish Youth risks (health, economic, social) and Youth risk behavior, through encouragement of creativity, growth of activism and participation of young people on local and national levels.
The Serbian Business Registers Agency - Basic information:
Ref. Nr. 17584189
Code: 9499 – Other Associations
Timok Youth Center and Youth of JAZAS Zaječar, with the support of Institute for Public Health “Timok” Zaječar, have organized Candlelight Memorial Day on Sunday, May 19th on Cit
Timok Youth Center marked the beginning of the implementation of project entitled “Youth Career Development, Employment, Entrepreneurship Networking and Transfer” in April 2013.